Friday, June 12, 2015

Not As Funny


Anybody remember Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In?

There was a segment that was usually referred to as the "Dance Party".  Some music would play, people would dance, the music would stop, and then there'd be a joke, either a one-liner from one of the cast member, or a standard two-person joke, the first person setting it up and the second person delivering the punchline.

I remember one of them to this day.  The music stopped, and Dick Martin looked very earnestly into the eyes of the girl he was standing with and said, "I want to make love to you in the worst possible way!"

And she replied, "How about standing up in a canoe?"

For some reason that joke came back to me when I saw this drawing while browsing online.



The set-up line changes very nicely to, "I want to spank you in the worst possible way!"

However, let's be honest--the punchline, "How about collared, kneeling, and on a boat?".....not as funny....


3 comments:

Hermione said...

Oh yes, I remember that show, and the dance party too. Spanking while standing up in a canoe would be pretty bad too!

Hugs,
Hermione

Hermione said...

Oh yes, I remember that show, and the dance party too. Spanking while standing up in a canoe would be pretty bad too!

Hugs,
Hermione

Dr. Ken said...

Hermione -- That would be pretty bad....and probably dangerous!